Saturday 3 May 2008

Islas Jesusita & Cedros, And Puntarenas, May 3, 2008

This was an interesting anchorage. We anchored in the pass between Islas Jesusita (Little Jesus) & Cedros. There were a few tropical "oasis-like" spots on the islands.
Fishermen, like this one, came in regularly and anchored or tied to a mooring behind us. These boats are just so colourful and interesting. I can hardly wait to get my paints out!
At the ferry terminal, for Puntarenas, we went into the small town, a $7 cab ride each way. Boy, did they see us coming!! Puntarenas, itself, is a ferry ride away. Zephyrus and we took turns going into town as we'd heard there was a lot of theft where we were anchored. Even one of the fishermen came and told us to be very cautious there! Punta Arenas had not much redeeming about it, except the view from the ferry.
Again, very colourful boats!
I'd hate to be the guy in the middle!! "Sorry, but could you guys let me out, I want to fish today?"

No comments: