Wednesday 7 May 2008

Islas Muertos & San Lucas, May 6 2008

We anchored here, in Muertos, but didn't go ashore. It was incredibly shallow in the entire bay. It was a bit hairy coming in, and only slightly less going out! Thank God for the chart plotter. We can follow our route back out. If we got in OK, we assume we'll be able to do the reverse! We didn't go ashore as it was a very muddy, litter-strewn beach. I do love this boat shot, though!
From Muertos, we headed to Isla San Lucas. It used to be a penal colony, but now is abandoned. Ralph went off for a little hike to see what was there.
There were many old structures still remaining. It was in interesting walk.
I guess the criminals were religious??

A great piece of driftwood.
Along Ralph's hike, he found this beautiful tree.
The real reason we came to this bay was that we were told there was a great seafood restaurant/fish farm. Here I'm trying to pick out my dinner fish as he is being fed HIS dinner! I actually just couldn't choose, as they all looked alike. So, I had shrimp!
It was a very interesting venue, but I have to say I've had better meals! We brought along our trusty Chateau de Carton, and they supplied the glasses. Zephyrus Dan doesn't like fish, and Lorraine is a veggie, so they didn't join us.
Pelicans were everywhere trying to figure out how to get into the pens for some snacks. Most of the fish stayed pretty deep in the water, but we did see the odd one make a fatal error!

No comments: