Saturday 5 June 2010

New Paint Job, Cartagena June 2010

After quite a struggle, we now have Fortuitous looking like she should!  She had her stripes first painted at the end of May.  There was a little mix up in the colour.  We had chosen colours for the gel coat, small accent stripe, and the larger stripe.  The gel coat was exactly what we wanted.  The small accent stripe is fabulous too!  However, something got lost in translation about the wide stripe.  I did "OK" it (thought it would change colour a bit) so it was my responsibility for the most part.  However, Falvit had said it would look different, so he accepted some of the blame. At any rate, it looked a little too pink to Greg and I (Ralph is a little colour blind, so he didn't get to vote).  I tried hard to live with it, over the weekend (Greg has returned to YVR), but finally gave up and we negotiated with Falvit to repaint.  He got it all taped off and the crew sanded away for a day and a half. Flavit and I went together to get the paint.  I'm not surprised there was a mix up.  There is no fancy paint mixing machine like the have in Home Depot or Revvy.  It's all done in the guess by golly fashion!  A little of this, a little of that, and voila!!  But, even then, they've only mixed a tiny amount so this continues, and continues until they have a quart.  Flavit painted the next day and, right after completion, it rained.  A very sad day for us all...especially the sanding crew!  Not to mention, with guilt being my strongest suit...it was hard on me too!  More sanding the next day and then the final repainting.  Wow!!  It looks fantastic!!  I'm so much happier with the colour!!!!!  You be the judge!


This is the first colour, a little pinky in my opinion. You can click on it to enlarge it.


This is the final colour.
Here is one of our happy workers, Blake...now there's a good Spanish name!

No comments: