Sunday 23 March 2008

Huatulco March 2008

After a short stay I Acapulco area, we made our way south to Hautulco. First we anchored in Rescalillo Bay, outside Huatulco.  The first day or two were very nice, and then it became rolly.
 It was a beautiful spot, as you can see. 

The beach was full of these little guys.

I tried to collect shells, but almost all were "pre-owned", so I changed my mind!

See kids, I can and do get my hair wet!

Trying out the new underwater camera. We took a few shots of fish, but the water wasn't all that clear.

Who knew walruses lived here?

On the way into Huatulco, proper, there was a large blow-hole on shore.  This is a fellow cruiser, Blew Moon, who wanted a closer look...a bit too close to shore for my liking.!
Once in the marina, we met up with BCA buddies Don and Marie "Freezing Rain", Dan and Lorraine "Zephyrus", and Linda and John "Nakia". Another fun time!
We loved Hualtulco.  It's a beautiful little town, all nicely laid out by "Fonatur", Mexico's tourist bureau. It is only 25 years old.

This old woman was selling masa for tortillas.  She wanted Ralph to pay her for taking her photo!
 

No comments: