Saturday 18 May 2013

NEW CREW MEMBER

The season we were cruising the San Blas, we had our son Greg aboard as crew.  Jeff and our Daughter-in-law Sarah joined us to go through the Canal and have a month aboard Fortuitous.  Well, we're sorry to say that they've all been replaced.  Meet our new crew member.


Here he is hiding behind the speaker in the cockpit.  We have yet to name him and are taking suggestions...so far, none has hit the mark.


This was the easy time....he stayed in the cockpit and the greatest annoyance was when he jumped on my leg when we were having sun-downers with fellow cruisers.  Amazingly, he didn't freak me out at all...not sure why.  There's something "personable" about geckos...maybe it's the insurance ads??  Maybe it's just that they eat the bugs, that LOVE to bite me...maybe it's just he's so tiny??


For those of you who know Fortuitous, this will give you a bit of scale.


He's a big, little problem now as he no longer stays in the cockpit...he's everywhere in the salon and who knows where else...on Mothers' Day, Ralph and I were watching a movie on the computer.  Something landed right on my head, in the dark!!!  Needless to say, he wasn't there very long!  I quickly brushed "whatever" off my head...he landed on Ralph!  Ralph transported him outside.


Here he is on the cupboard behind the sink.  We are so afraid, now, that we'll step on him or crush him somehow...what a pain!  I know another cruiser friend stepped on hers, by accident...that would be terrible!!!  Others have said that ones they've had aboard have made a big mess (if you know what I mean), but we've not found anything so far.  Does that mean he's discreet, or does that mean our boat is so messy that I haven't noticed??

We are presently in Placencia and have checked out of Belize and should be leaving the country tomorrow.  So, unless I give an update from the Rio, that is it for the season from Fortuitous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like I said:"tuna bait"

Ron

Anonymous said...

He is cute and the right size for the Fortuitous! Hope to see you both soon!

Bobbi-Lee
02June2013