Friday 20 August 2010

August 2010

Ralph had the opportunity to stop in Cartagena on the return trip from Santiago Chile. There are a few more completed projects, and some underway. I have posted a few new photos of Fortuitous' facelift, both inside and out.


Construction in progress of our underseat boxes.



Completed bookshelf where the aft cabin/cockpit doors used to be.

Finished cabinet in the V-berth.

Finished propane locker.



Aft deck still needs to be gel-coated.

Finished cockpit.

Cabin windows repainted.



The rest are photos of what a terrific job has been done with paint and gel coat. Just look at that shine!!!









4 comments:

SV Effie said...

Looks great! Now put it in the water and get out there.

Unknown said...

Hello. Your boat's looking good!

I've been occasionally following your blog as my wife and I also own a S/V Fortuitous, although ours is a little less seaworthy than yours. We got a Catalina 22 last year that the previous owner had named "Fortuitous" and we kept it because she's certainly had a lot of luck (both good and bad). Please don't feel compelled to post this comment...I was mostly just saying hello and don't see a way to contact you otherwise (and since I also run a boat log, I'm also very familiar with the spam overload). Just in case this does get posted, I won't leave my email address, but please feel free to contact me through my blog if you'd like to share Fortuitous stories: http://fortuitous.homelinux.com

Fair winds,
chip

Rich Hudson said...

Hi Cheryl & Ralph,
We have not met but I have been going through your pictures from the work done in Manzanillo Boat Yard. I have a 1978 Durbeck cutter ketch that is in need of new paint for the deck and hull, plus a bottom job and a bow-thruster installation. I am in St Thomas/BVI area where the prices are high and the quality is low.
I would loke to know if after everything said and done would you recomend this yard? Also can you give me a ball-park-figure of what you spent on the deck and hull gelcote? Thanks a million sealevel02@yahoo.com Rich & Sha Hudson

Rich & Jan said...

Fortuitous looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Come play with us in the SPacific next year . . .