Monday 28 April 2008

Bahia Santa Elena, Costa Rica - April 19, 2008

We left Puesta del Sol Nicaragua for our overnight sail into Costa Rican waters. It was NOT a comfortable passage. We had gusty Papagayos winds all night! Too much sail, not enough sail, motor awhile $#$%%^&&;**!! and ***!!#$!!
Doesn't look like much...but looks are deceiving!! That's the wave coming from behind...or is it beside, or is it over!!! Our nicely cleaned boat (that I'd slaved for many hours washing) was caked with salt.
It was rough enough to take some spray over the dodger! Did I mention @@##!!!&;&;**!!
At anchor in Bahia Santa Elena at the northern end of Costa Rica.
Here we met up with two other cruising boats, Harmony and Renaissance. So, we had a little appie and drink thing on the rocky beach.
Fortuitous patiently awaiting our return.
And, Zephyrus doing the same.
We didn't enjoy the bay much as the water was 22 degrees and had a red tide. So, we went off for a recommended hike to a waterfall. Here I am, trying to look sure-footed. I did manage to fall as my stepping stone rolled into the water. It's hard on your body to fall when you're this old!!
Dan, the explorer, with his walking stick! I fell because he wouldn't lend it to me! That's my story and I'm sticking with it!
We saw this bird on our journey up to the pool. Not sure what it is, but we're going with "rare" eagle!
Dan and Lorraine enjoying the pool. The waterfall is just behind Dan's head...not all that big, is it??...the waterfall, I mean!
There wasn't as much stream or waterfall as there was supposed to be, but we did enjoy swimming in the pool. Look, kids, my hair is wet!!
Here we are all enjoying the cool water. It was lovely and clear with little fishes and even crayfish!
Ahhh, too bad we have to go back on that long hot walk to return to the dinghy! By the time we got back, we were all hot and sweaty! By the time we got back to the boat, we were all salty too as the wind had come up on the bay!

No comments: